5 Ways to Use 'The Color of the Year'
Pantone’s official shade for 2020 is Classic Blue, a color that’s meant to instill "calm, confidence and connection." The color was chosen based on trend analysis conducted by the company's color experts, who examine both emotional trends and color influences in the entertainment industry, art, fashion, textiles and even popular events, like sports.
If you want to add this on-trend shade into your home decor, here are five great ways to do so:
1. Dress up a powder room. The blue tone is perfect for adding a touch of class to a powder room. Use it on one wall or all four, and consider nautical or seashore-themed accessories to complete the look.
2. Add color to the kitchen. If your kitchen is decked out in a sea of white or grey cabinets and stainless steel appliances, use Classic Blue for a bright contrast to a mostly neutral decor scheme. Then you can have fun accessorizing with cobalt glass decoratives or blue earthenware and pottery.
3. Create a calm bedroom. The soothing properties of blue make this color a great choice for a bedroom, whether it be one for a child or guest. The shade will pair well with a variety of colors, so you can opt for a monochromatic look with other shades of blue, or go for contrast with any range of colors, from shades of yellow to soft greens.
4. Paint one wall in any room.You can incorporate this dusky blue color into any room in your home if you use it to accent just one wall. This will allow you to add an on-point design element without overpowering the room.
5. Bring it outdoors. If the color is too bold for your interior walls, use it to change up your outdoor living space by painting a bench or Adirondack chairs in the popular shade.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2020. All rights reserved.